Thursday, March 10, 2011

My daughter

I know, I should be trying to sleep. I am going to admit something here and only here. I have made my daughter a cosmetic junkie. She is not only that she loves hair products, perfumes and skin products. Oh my goodness what have I gotten my self into. I guess I should explain she turned 9 in January. She has autism PDD and ADHD. We use to have to beg her to shower, and groom herself. I figured well what girl wouldn't want to smell like strawberries after a shower or better yet cotton candy. Well yes, I created a monster. I guess I overcame the grooming issue. Now if I could think of something for toothpaste I'd be set. When purchasing products for her I usually go to walmart or get something from ultra when it is buy one get one. I try not to spend over 5 dollars. Five dollars is usually quart sized. Now she wants to try perfumes. I'm not ready to go down that avenue yet. Personally, I am allergic to many smells. I refuse to buy a 9 year old anything expensive. I might do some research and use some scented oils for her as a reward once she brushes her teeth with out being asked! I am so lucky to have my daughter in my life. My challenges are way different then most parents. I know my will and positive reinforcement creates endless possibilities for her future. Yes today is a day I see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's taken 6 years but she will get there, smelling like a rose!

No comments:

Post a Comment